The Bottle Bit Fishing Line Stripper will make the task of removing line from any spinning or bait casting reel easier than ever and it is simple to use!
To use, you will need a drill and an empty plastic bottle (water, soda, etc) with matching cap.
- Drill or cut a small hole in the center of the bottle cap (approx. 5/16" dia.) and insert the threaded portion of the bottle bit in the hole. Be sure to have the threads of the bottle cap facing the threads on the Bottle Bit.
- Fasten the nut on the threads of the Bottle Bit and tighten.
- Screw the bottle onto the bottle cap.
- Insert the smooth shaft of the Bottle Bit into the chuck of your drill and tighten per the drill manufacturers recommendations.
- Place the bottle perpendicular to the reel and wrap the fishing line around the bottle. Either tie the line off or use a small piece of tape to hold it in place while you begin.
- Once all the line is removed from your reels, it is best to cut the line and bring it to a fishing line recycling drop off canister.
- You can use the empty bottle for multiple reels.